About the Mercedes-Benz Actros 3363 6x4 GigaSpace
This is a highly accurate 1/14 scale radio control model that recreates the Mercedes Benz Actros 3363 3-axle truck. The Actros series debuted in 2011 and was named 2012 Truck of the Year. Powered by a 15.6-liter inline-6 turbocharged diesel putting out a max of 630hp, the actual 3363 can haul up to 250 tons!
The Tamiya rendition faithfully captures the truck's modern form with the use of ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components. One look at the detailed interior and auxiliary equipment, such as air tanks, will confirm that the body features replica-quality realism, which is further enhanced with metal transfers depicting emblems and numerous metal-plated parts. The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members. Drivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold 4-channel transmitter.
The Actros' realism can be further heightened with separately-available trailers that can be attached to its coupler and make the model over a meter in length!
- 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 538mm, Width: 195mm, height: 305mm.
- The 3-axle Actros body is expertly recreated, including roof and bumper auxiliary lights.
- Body, F, K, M and H parts are replaced with pre-painted Pearl Blue parts. They have been given a urethane top coat for a superb finish.
- The tried and tested Tamiya 3-axle chassis utilizes a tough ladder frame with aluminum side channels and resin cross members. A realistic drivetrain setup sees the front mounted motor powering twin rear axles.
- 3-speed transmission can be controlled via 4ch R/C transmitter.
- Metal leaf spring dampers with built-in coil springs provide durable suspension.
- Coupler is included to enable connection with any currently available Tamiya 1/14 scale trailer.
- Compatible with separately-sold Multi-Function Control Unit MFC-03 (Item 56523) (or MFC-01, Item 56511) for realistic LED lights and sounds.
- Includes 540 motor.
- Requires: 4-channel radio, 1 servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery with charger.